Vancouver-based PeaceGeeks is a non-profit organization that builds digital tools to empower communities in the pursuit of peace. In 2019, PeaceGeeks launched Arrival Advisor, a free mobile app that helps refugees and immigrants in British Columbia find information and services to plan their settlement journey.
Arrival Advisor was built in partnership with the LEAP | Pecaut Centre for Social Impact and the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Jobs, Trade, and Technology. PeaceGeeks was also awarded a $750,000 grant for the app through the Google.org Impact Challenge Canada 2017.
Peak was engaged in 2019 to help PeaceGeeks raise awareness as a non-profit organization and roll out the launch of their new app.
- Peak worked with PeaceGeeks to execute a traditional media relations campaign that targeted key markets across British Columbia in print, radio, TV and online media.
- Peak developed media materials including a news release and fact sheet to inform the target market about the app. Peak identified immigration population data for various communities to find a local angle and target pitches and achieve widespread coverage.
- Peak media-trained for Arrival Advisor spokespeople and provided key messages to ensure their messaging was effective in interviews.
- More than 2.5 million impressions in traditional print, online and social media outlets
- 98 pieces of online coverage in over 70 communities across B.C.’s Interior, Lower Mainland and Northern regions
- 22 TV hits with coverage in major markets across the province (including Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna and Prince George) and across the country (Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg and Edmonton)
- Seven informative radio interviews with PeaceGeeks representatives helped to spread key messages across the province