Navitas is a leading global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services through three major Divisions to students and professionals including university programs, creative media education, professional education, English language training and settlement services.The objective of this public relations campaign was to strengthen the reputation of its two Canadian Colleges by earning positive media coverage.
- Educate existing and potential Navitas partners on the company’s mission and operations in Canada and, in turn, create wider community acceptance.
- Position Navitas and its Canadian colleges as caring education providers that help international students achieve social and academic success.
- Showcase the economic impact Navitas and its pathway programs have at a local, provincial, and national level.
- Highlight student-success stories
Peak worked with Navitas for more than two years promoting Fraser International College in Burnaby, B.C. and the International College of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The media coverage focused attention on the college’s key messages, including:
- Students studying at Navitas colleges achieve academic success
- Navitas helps students integrate into their new communities
- International students contribute to the Canadian/provincial economy
the key results
- Peak generated 91 piece of media coverage and an estimated 18,849,483 impressions for both colleges between October 2013 and January 2015
- Media coverage highlights included:
- An op-ed in the online edition of the Vancouver Sun by a recent graduate on how his school supported his social and academic success in Canada
- Winnipeg Free Press coverage and a segment on CTV Manitoba about students from the International College of Manitoba experiencing winter for the first time
- A feature article in the Vancouver Sun about the increase in international students in Vancouver, focusing on the success story of a Navitas student
- CBC TV and radio coverage of a student-run cultural show fundraiser