Peak is looking for an Account Coordinator
Location: Vancouver | Posted: 12/02/19 | Closes: 12/10/19
Peak Communicators Ltd is looking for a bright and motivated communicator with some education and experience in public relations, corporate communications, advertising and/or social media work to join its team in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Account Executive, you will contribute to a wide variety of account work, as it relates to client service and quality control. Within three months, you will be expected to do media pitching and contribute in all facets of the account work.
- Media monitoring, clipping, summarizing and analysis
- Work to ensure that comprehensive, up-to-date and targeted media lists are created on time; conduct media searches/inquiries
- Respond to requests for information from clients and team members with accuracy and in a professional and timely manner
- Coordinate team and/or client meetings, including scheduling, meeting room set-up, catering and travel, as appropriate
- Coordinate as appropriate by providing research information, preparation of materials and draft/format documents
- Proofread and edit documents
- Draft social media posts, monitor online conversations, measure engagement
- Maintain team/client files, including mailing lists, contact sheets and relevant trade publications.
- Maintain ownership of billing procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, English or a related field preferred
- Minimum one to two years of relevant experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of contemporary business procedures, telephone etiquette and filing
- Familiarity with social media and online communities
- Interest in social media platforms and how companies are using tools to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to a website/social media pages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exhibit strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to juggle multiple assignments / clients and cope with stressful situations; prioritize and handle high-volume detail work
If interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Peak Communicators
About Peak Communicators
Peak Communicators provides comprehensive, integrated communications counsel and services to Canadian companies, public sector organizations and not-for-profits. With offices in Vancouver, Kelowna and Calgary, Peak is a strong independent PR firm.